- We had several successful hands-on workshops, including a new one about spinning.
- Awards galore! Our 2013 Sevier Soiree won an Award of Commendation from the Tennessee Association of Museums, we won an Award of Distinction from the East Tennessee Historical Society for our Statehood Days event, and we won the Environmental Award from the Woodmen of the World, Chapter 803.
- We had a great time learning more about John Sevier with Gordon Belt at our Annual Meeting.
- The Sons of the Revolution helped us put on a great new 4th of July event.
- Our Sevier Soiree took place alongside John Sevier Days with even greater success. We were able to make several new friends, have fun, enjoy some great weather, and benefit the site. Look for another slight move (to a Friday night!) on September 18, 2015. We hope you can attend.
- Weather was much more in our favor for 2014 and allowed us to have some great events and Farmers Markets.
- We were also able to meet with several museum and historic preservation professionals who were in the area for the Southeastern Museums Conference and the East Tennessee Preservation Alliance. We also were able to learn from the Anarchist's Guide to Historic House Museums alongside our fellow Historic Homes of Knoxville. We learned several new ideas at these events and look forward to implementing them as soon as possible.
- Our Farmers Markets had more vendors than previous years, and we hope this trend continues! We are planning some new programming to happen alongside some of the 2015 Market dates. Look for the Market to begin in mid-May 2015.
- And finally, we have stocked some great new items in our Trading Post! From Gordon Belt's book to brand new ornaments and magnets (just stocked today!), and of course, new toys and games, there's something for everyone.
With such a great 2014 almost over, we look forward to what 2015 has in store! We will be posting our 2015 calendar in the next few weeks, so be sure to check out our website!